Ashley Graham is one of the most successful plus-size models in the industry, but there is a lot that people don’t know about the 30-year-old.
Although she has more than seven million Instagram followers, Graham can be private about her personal life.
In addition to modeling, Graham is also a swimsuit and lingerie designer and an author – hobbies she touched on in a YouTube interview with Vogue, where she was featured in the magazine’s “73 questions” series.
These are 21 things you may not know about Ashley Graham.
- She is the author of two books; an autobiography titled A New Model: What Confidence, Beauty, and Power Really Look Like, published in 2017, and All the Stars Left Behind a novel.
- She keeps her purses spotless and cleans them out every single night.
- The model is lactose intolerant so she avoids dairy – but she craves “mac and cheese, every single day of my life.”
- Although she is a style icon in her own right, Graham considers Kim Kardashian West her fashion icon.
- If she had to choose one product to never live without, she would choose rose water.
- Graham’s modeling icon is supermodel Cindy Crawford, whose Revlon campaigns she had taped to her wall when she was younger
- Of all the countries, Graham would most like to visit India.
- She and her husband Justin Ervin met at a New York City church in 2009, where Graham was volunteering.
- Graham considers panty lines her biggest pet peeve.
- When asked what item every woman should have in her closet, Graham told Vogue a “bra, duh.”
- The best fashion advice she’s ever been given is “beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, rock your confidence.”
- The supermodel is into conspiracy theories revolving around the existence of mermaids and aliens – and loves watching YouTube videos about them
- Although she has walked in many runway shows, Graham thinks the hardest part is “staying focused and not looking at the audience” – a struggle when the audience is full of impressive people.
- Graham is confident and believes she can pull of anything – in response to a question about one look she cannot pull off, she said: “Curvy girls can pull off any look, it is what we do.”
- If she had to choose a spirit animal, she would pick a bird.
- Her advice for young women is to “love the skin you are in and be your own role model.”
- Although her career keeps her extremely busy, the model made time to binge-watch the Netflix series Stranger Things. If she could choose one show to get a reboot, it would be Sister, Sister.
- Her husband of eight years calls her “butt,” – a nickname she doesn’t think it is necessary for her to explain.
- Graham’s favorite lipstick is a nude color from Charlotte Tilbury called Pillowtalk.
- She prefers SUVs over sedans, a preference she made clear as she got into a chauffeured car to New York Fashion Week.
- Finally, the one question she wishes people would stop asking her is “What do you think of the term plus-size?” Instead of the term plus-size, the body-positivity advocate prefers to use “curvy.”
Since becoming a supermodel in 2016, Graham has defied odds and carved a name for herself in the fashion industry.
Overall, Graham’s illustrious career in modeling has made her a role model and an inspiration.